The Impact of Financial and Strategic Planning
The technology deployment process involves engaging in active feasibility studies aiming to identify the potential input that awaits introduction. Most players define their technological advancement along the impact suggested in the engagement of routine operations. A further reflection of the suggested outcome tends to adhere to the implications of the cash revenue and costs attached to the routine operations. Elements such as generated income and the expenses associated with the activity of the acquired item extend to the inclusion of the additional cost attached to the utilization process. In the case of Bayside Memorial Hospital, the procurement of the MRI scanner needs to anchor on the expectations of the medical facility and the user input when defining the implementation of the project.
Introduce the report. What are you going to be covering? Who is the report addressed to?
Implementing the MRI scanner initiative by Bayside Memorial Hospital will involve reflecting on the input achieved through cost and salvage attributes. Elements such as the implementation cost have additional attachments ranging from procurement and installation. Most equipment providers would allow discounts for technical inputs associated with the usage of the devices. In such cases, the element of installation faces substantial expense mitigation. Some hospitals opt to engage their internal specialists in running the installations and routine services. However, such options promote further expenses in the form of salaries and procurement of spare parts (Shust & Weiss, 2014). In the case of Bayside Memorial Hospital, the preferential option nests on the after-sales of the equipment provider since the facilities do not have an investment in a technical expert.
The salvage value calculates the equipment’s resell prospects from the following operation period’s lapse. In most cases, electronic equipment usage offers potential opportunities for expenditure recouping at the conclusion of the usage period. Reflecting on the expectations of the Bayside Memorial Hospital, the usage of the MRI scanner will involve the potential of reselling upon the conclusion of the projected usage period. Ideally, the resell attribute manifests following the lapse of the five years of operations attached to the equipment. In essence, the determination of the revenue associated with the reselling of the equipment allows the introduction of possible bias in assumption. Their manifestation calculates from the prospective expectations of the market stands. In essence, the expectations of the market offers remain unpredictable regarding the resell potential. As a result, the expectations of the reseller may face further challenges concerning the attainment of the suggested value.
A detailed summary of cash flow analysis. What figures stood out to you? What figures do they need to aware of?
Financial strategic planning
The routines of fiscal planning extend to the appreciation of the values that align with the user’s expectations. In Bayside Memorial Hospital’s case, cost input extends from attributes such as procurement, installation and routine maintenance; the maintenance element of the targeted operational period amounts to $ 679,845. Also, the value needs a further attachment of the procurement and installation value both amounting to $ 2.5 million. In total, the cost expectations associated with the procurement and the running of the MRI equipment amounts to $3,179,845. However, the value does not offer a comprehensive input of the costs associated with the usage of the equipment. Bayside Memorial Hospital needs to invest further in labour and supplies. Under supplies, elements such as the power cost or the additional user inputs during the projected five years will further extend the attached costs.
The calculations on labour costs and the attached element of supply would allow the appreciation of the impact suggested by the equipment during its usage period. Bayside Memorial Hospital will incur additional costs regarding equipment operators while under use. In total, the facility will incur an additional $331,537 in labour. The facility further anticipates incurring costs of $165,769 regarding the expenses under suppliers. Both costs are essential in the operations of the equipment; hence their input in tabulating the operational costs incurred by the facility remains essential (Schmidt et al., 2015). Cumulatively, the facility anticipates spending about $3,677,151 in the procurement, installation, and operation of the MRI scanner.
The effect and the worth of the equipment manifest through a reflection of the attached costs with respect to the input of the expected revenue generated through routine operations. Their impact assists in evaluating the viability of the investment (Konchitchki et al., 2016). A reflection of the net revenues generated by the MRI equipment may allow the reflection of the potential input that stands attached to the investment. In total, the MRI scanner generates about $ 4,144,224. Also, the device suggests possible recoups regarding salvage value pegged at a minimum of $750,000. Therefore, the amounts add to the attached revenue value since its generation is in line with the user expectations of the device. Cumulatively, the device anticipates generating gross revenue of $4,894,224.
The gross revenue involves analysing the possible net returns as a cost of the expenditure. In the case of the MRI scanner procured by Bayside Memorial Hospital, the input of the attached expenses allows the visualization of the cost impact. In total, the installation anticipates generating an income of $1,217,073. A further reflection of the established net revenue prospects further identifies its implication to the registered expenses as 33% of the operational costs. However, the value of the investment stands tabulated through the input of the investment model adopted by the hospital.
Bayside Memorial Hospital adopts a medium to long-term investment model with the MRI scanner investment. Ideally, the operations within the first year of implementation would involve the investment of the capital structure (He & Shan, 2016). Also, the attainment of the breaking point in returns from the expenditure perspective stands achieved by the end of the third year. Therefore, the outcomes marry with the choice of an investment model as a medium to a long-term project.
Conclusion and Recommendation
The interests of the Bayside Memorial Hospital regarding the implementation of the MRI scanner need to focus on the long-term returns since the breaking point is achieved from a medium-term perspective. In essence, the ability to remain profitable concerns the longevity of implementation. However, attaining the desired outcome would ensure the projected revenue generation potential remains achieved. A portability margin of 33% to the procurement and operations expense identifies the project as a plausible investment, hence the implementation recommendation.
He, W., & Shan, Y. (2016). International evidence on the matching between revenues and expenses. Contemporary Accounting Research, 33(3), 1267-1297.
Konchitchki, Y., Luo, Y., Ma, M. L., & Wu, F. (2016). Accounting-based downside risk, cost of capital, and the macroeconomy. Review of accounting studies, 21(1), 1-36.
Schmidt, A., Götze, U., & Sygulla, R. (2015). Extending the scope of Material Flow Cost Accounting–methodical refinements and use case. Journal of Cleaner Production, 108, 1320-1332.
Shust, E., & Weiss, D. (2014). Discussion of asymmetric cost behavior—Sticky costs: Expenses versus cash flows. Journal of Management Accounting Research, 26(2), 81-90.
ORDER A PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER HERE
We’ll write everything from scratch
Unit 6 Assignment: The Impact of Financial and Strategic Planning
Unit Outcomes Addressed in this Assignment:
- Describe the key components of a financial plan
- Define financial and strategic planning
- Explain the difference between a simple budget and a flexible budget
- Describe the use of variance analysis in the budget creation process
Course Outcome assessed/addressed in this Assignment:
- HS440-5: Explain the methodologies and processes used in preparing budgets for health care organizations.
- GEL-6.06: Apply research to create original insights and/or solve real-world problems.
Utilizing your textbook and the Library:
- Bayside Memorial Hospital is considering purchasing a new MRI machine. Based on the cash flow analysis above would you recommend that the healthcare facility, Bayside Memorial Hospital, purchase an MRI machine? In your analysis please review the following concepts: incremental cash flow, sunk cost, opportunity cost, strategic value, inflation effects.
- Responses to the questions should be written in a clear, detailed manner and observe the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
- Follow APA formatting for the title and reference page, as well as APA formatting within the paper itself (Times New Roman 12-point font and properly double spaced).
- The minimum page limit is 2 pages or 600 words.
- The maximum page limit is 4 pages or 1200 words.
- Information should be summarized in your own words with appropriate APA formatting and citation style of in-text citations in the body of the text to acknowledge the source(s) of information.
- Include at least one reference. The course textbook may count towards the reference requirement for this Assignment. All references will follow APA format.
- Follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, etc.).
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
- For additional support, utilize the Writing Center and review the document entitled, “Writing Center Resources,” found in Course Documents.
Submitting Your Assignment
Complete the assignment. When you are ready to submit it, go to the Dropbox and complete the steps below:
- Click the link that says “Submit an Assignment.”
- In the “Submit to Dropbox” menu, select Unit 6: Assignment Dropbox.
- In the comments field, make sure to add at least the title of your Assignment.
- Click the “Add Attachments” button.
- Follow the steps listed to attach your document.
- To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it.
- Make sure that you save a copy of your Assignment.
Unit 6 will introduce you to the process of capital investment decisions. Health care managers often need to make decisions on the acquisition of land, buildings, and equipment. This process is also known as capital budgeting. Making strong capital investment decisions are important to the success of health care organizations today.
For this assignment you are given a completed cash flow analysis to review. Based on that analysis you are asked to recommend whether or not the MRI machine is feasible.
Consider using the following outline to help you get started on your report:
- Introduce the report. What are you going to be covering? Who is the report addressed to?
- A detailed summary of cash flow analysis. What figures stood out to you? What figures do they need to aware of?
- You need to inform the reader what the numbers on your analysis mean. As per the instructions you need to discuss sunk costs, strategic value, incremental cash flow, opportunity cost, and inflation effects.
- Your recommendation. Please do not simply say “Yes, this is a great investment.” Explain why. What is the profit margin and when will the company first see a profit?
Consider using the following resources to help you get started:
- http://www.investopedia.com/articles/stocks/07/easycashflow.asp – This article describes how to analyze a cash flow analysis
- https://www.sba.gov/content/develop-cash-flow-analysis-your-business – This article discusses developing a cash flow analysis
- http://www.expectationsinvesting.com/tutorial8.shtml – This article discusses the Cost of Capital.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH3T9YcV8wg TEDxBigApple – Bryan Roberts – Innovation Revolutionizing Healthcare
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU3FLxnDv_A – Overview of the Strategic Planning Process
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZmNZi8bon8 – Hazard, Risk & Safety – Understanding Risk Assessment, Management and Perception
Have a similar assignment? "Place an order for your assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."