Project Manager Position Description
A general narrative description of the project manager position.
Pickwind, a Canadian Humanitarian Aid Organization, is looking to fill the position of a Senior Project Manager for its Ugandan Office. The candidate will build and deliver projects of various complexities and sizes. The candidate will also control, monitor, organize, and direct project activities in Uganda.
A list of specific project manager duties and responsibilities with percentages of time estimated to be spent in each such as 15% managing subordinates, 5% other duties as assigned.
- Oversee every project and be the main point man for field staff, stakeholders, and partners.
- 60% of the time will be spent in the field. 20% in the Pickwind offices and 10% with the donors and partners.
- Ensure compliance of projects to donor organization’s regulations and policies.
- Oversee the monitoring process, action plans, budgeting, lead project planning, and project deliverables’ plans, development, and execution.
- Field activities’ follow-up, monitoring, and supervision of affiliate regional partners and offices in Uganda.
- Submit activity reports, financial reports, and meeting minutes to the donor at regular intervals.
- Oversee sending of new budgets, quarterly and monthly financial reports, meeting minutes, and activity reports.
- Manage any changes to the scope of the projects, schedules, and costs by using appropriate techniques for verification.
- Motivate and lead the teams, monitor all activities and expenditures, and coordinate work with volunteers and consultants to the projects.
- Assist the Head of Operations in the drafting and issuing of preliminary schedules, cash flows, budgets, tenders, RFP, and project proposals.
- Utilize control and scheduling tools for monitoring expenditures, budgets, work hours, and project plans.
- Ensure close coordination and collaboration with partners to allow for smooth activities implementation and results’ achievement as outlined in grant agreements.
Minimum Qualifications for job.
- Masters Degree in Management.
- 6-8 years of professional experience, of which 5-6 years should be in project management.
- Preferred track record in civil society, business, and NGO fields.
- Proven experience in project planning and reporting.
- Proven ability to work with a large team of 20-50 persons.
- Proven experience in budget planning, quality management, and time management.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with solid skills in organizational management.
ORDER A PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER HERE
We’ll write everything from scratch
Individual Assignment 4 – Write a Project Manager Position Description
This is your last short assignment!
Your Project Manager position description is the fourth of four short assignments and is worth 5% of your grade.
Write a Project Manager Position Description:
- After reading about project managers in your text, put your Human Resources cap on and write up a Project Manager position description. A position description is not a job wanted notice, but is a detailed specification that describes the project manager role and duties. You may be creative and research project position description templates online.
- The position description must contain the following components along with any others you choose:
- A general narrative description of the project manager position.
- A list of specific project manager duties and responsibilities with percentages of time estimated to be spent in each such as 15% managing subordinates, 5% other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications for job.
- One to two pages.
Hint – Look at existing project manager position descriptions out on the web, BUT DO NOT COPY THEM! Use the best of what you find and build from that.
Submit via the assignment drop box by the due date.
Have a similar assignment? "Place an order for your assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."