Counteracting Unconscious Bias
Narrative therapy fits into social work values and practices with its emphasis on respect, individualization, and collegial, client-centred approaches (Turner, 2017). A goal of narrative therapy is to help the client see more realities, which offer more alternatives for them, ad help them to self-empowerment (Turner, 2017). Narrative therapy helps clients see their partner’s truth and understand each other’s perspective and interpretations of events. Clients are invited to assess other realities, which are not necessarily truer, but are “also true” (Turner, 2017). The clinician should pose reflective questions to generate more vivid descriptions of life events, especially descriptions not currently included in the problematic story (Turner, 2017). Narrative therapy includes micro- and macro-social work practice.
Great post! You mentioned that the therapist would ask the “Miracle Question.” Do you happen to know what the miracle question is? Also, how would you gain control of the session when the couple is resistant to sharing or following the therapist’s perspective?
Narrative therapy focuses on social and cultural forces as necessary in the formation of problems, and its emphasis on social action and political discourse increases this fit with the professions (Turner, 2017). Narrative therapy is a collaborative therapy that works with micro- and macro-social work practice. Narrative therapy is to get the couple to think about their partner and what they are going through than specific techniques.
Turner, F. J. (2017). Social work treatment: interlocking theoretical approaches. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
ORDER A PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER HERE
We’ll write everything from scratch
Respond to two of your colleagues that contain a perspective other than yours. Your response will typically be 2–3 paragraphs in length, as a general expectation.
- View Two (2) of Colleagues’ discussions.
- Share an insight about what you learned from having read your colleagues’ postings and discuss how and why your colleague’s posting resonated with you professionally and personally. (Note: This may be a great opportunity to help you think about passions you share with your colleagues
- Offer an example from your experience or observation that validates what your colleague discussed.
- Offer specific suggestions that will help your colleague build upon his or her perceptions as a leader.
- Offer further assessment from having read your colleague’s post that could impact a leader’s effectiveness.
- Share how something your colleague discussed changed the way you consider your own qualities.
· No plagiarism
Have a similar assignment? "Place an order for your assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."